Green Construction & Structural Reconstruction
- Pioneer in 'cool' or white roofs, since the 1960's. Such roofs reduce the need for cooling, and outlast standard roofs which overheat and expand - tearing seams.
- 'Solar tube' self cooling roofs. These roofs self ventilate between layers utilizing convection currents.
- Self ventilating stucco and panel wall construction, with 'solar' tubes under siding. These reduce heat gain, and reduce energy loss.
- 'Air barrier' walls and roof decks. More energy is lost through gaps, holes, and seams than any other source. Our walls can cut heating loss by 60%.
- Recycle & mill out redwood; recycle historic tile for roofs, including a Maybeck roof.
- Fabricate new product weather stripping for wood doors and windows. These pressure equalize the opening, ending air leaks. Air leaks are the major source of heat loss in homes.
- Reconstruct damaged buildings making components work, preventing future decay and controlling energy loss. Good building engineering is the basis for moisture control.